Thursday, June 14, 2007

Changes

It amazes me to think that in just about a month John and I will have been married for 9 years. I'm pretty sure that where we are now in life is not where that young 22-year old guy and 19-year old girl thought they would be 9 years down the road. We have gone through many things and had to rely solely on the Lord to get us through most of it.

If you don't know, John's major in college was Physical Education. If you know him that is not surprising. He LOVES sports and working out at the gym. For a while now he has wanted to find a job at a gym so that he can get his foot in the door. He also has a correspondance course to get certified as a personal trainer. That is what he wants to do when he grows up. The Lord has provided an opportunity. Starting Monday, June 18th, he will be employed at JP Fitness here in downtown Little Rock. He is really excited about it and I am to. JP Fitness is not one of those gyms that is focused on looking at yourself in the mirror while lifting as much weight as you can to impress all your testosterone friends while grunting. JeanPaul (the owner...hence the name JP) was on the Governor's Fitness Council when Mike Huckabee was governor (not sure about now). Anyway, this gym is focused on health.

So changes...
1) No more Dillard's discount - Darn!
2) I guess I'll need to really start working out, because I'm not sure that it looks really good if your husband works at a gym and I don't at least try to be at a healthy weight! ;-)
3) We will be able to ride to work together - haven't done this in a LONG time

God's timing is always interesting to me...especially since it doesn't always match up to my timing....But I do know that over the years I have learned that HIS timing is ALWAYS perfect.

So for now, I'll just keeping Believing GOD!

5 comments:

Sunshine Montessori said...

Hope John had a great birthday!

Can you believe it's been 9 years!! It was 8 years for us this past Tuesday. Just seems unreal.

Maybe I need to make Chris get a job at a gym so that we'd both get into shpae!!! Sounds like John has found the perfect job.

Billie said...

As hard as believing God can sometimes be (simply because we are selfish sometimes), He is always so much smarter than us! Without him, as we both know, we would be nothing...I'm proud for him and you.

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

Hi there! not sure if you remember me from back in the days! I found yoru blog through my college friends randomly! not sure about that connection, but AR is a small world at times. I can't believe it has been 9 years b/c I remember when you got married!!!!
I am getting married in August and can't wait!! Take care and I will try to keep in touch!
Rebecca Zellmer
zellmerfud.blogspot.com

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Big changes around there! You're right...God's timing is the best. Your blog is always so encouraging to read! Love y'all! Robyn

Anonymous said...

I saw your link on Begina Proctors blog (we go to church together) so thought I'd say hi! Congrats on your anniversary and here is my email address saralannette12@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you soon!
Sara Street Kamps