Got this survey from Following Footsteps.
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?! 'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol? Well, here are questions for those of us who are a little older.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Insurance...Glad to have it if ever something happens, but for real, when nothing happens...seems like a lot of money out the window for "just in case"
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic date?
We are not the sappy type...but we did see "The Proposal" and we normally don't go see chick movies. It was EXCELLENT!
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Williams Baptist College, took some classes from Pulaski Tech and finished at Central Baptist College
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
goes with the black pants and denim jacket
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I have to have gas...so I have to pay. Even when close to $4, God provided as he ALWAYS does!
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Thank you Lord for your healing power over bondage in our lives!
9. Do you miss being a child?
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Bringing in the groceries! We live in an upstairs apartment on the back side away from the parking lot.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early...only 5 days a week
12. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
13. Beach or lake?
Either will be fine!
14. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Absolutely not! However, so many these days do and it has cause many problems.
15. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
16. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
No, but I have been crashed into by Mr. Following Footsteps!! :-) (love ya!)
17. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for it's intended purpose?
Not for it's intended purpose or any other purpose.
18. Ring tone?
I have some assigned to people but my main ring tone is "Revelation Song" by Kari Jobe.
19. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth.
Not really sure...
20. Where have you never been and would like to go?
The Northeast U.S.
21. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
No to the new career...
New relationship...if you mean marriage relationship...no way! Friendships/relationships...absolutely...God has brought me several new true friendships in the past 6 months!
22. How old are you?
Just turned the big 3-0! Pretty fun so far!
23. Do you have a "go to" person?
24. Are you where you want to be in life?
Yes...God has me just where HE wants me....growing in Him!
25. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
26. What about you do you think has changed the most?
Surrendering EVERYTHING (good, bad, ugly, pretty...everything) to God...and walking daily in Him...not worrying about what others want from me but only what He wants...FREEING!
27. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
They were pretty great...but I think that now is even better!
28. Did you have a pager?
Yes...in college along with a cell phone...WHAT THE HECK was a pager going to do? ;-) That is just funny to me now to think about a pager!
29. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
Do not know....we usually hung out at different friends houses
30. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
Yes...I have always been the more cautious type...didn't want to break the rules.
31.Who do you think impacted your life the most?
Several people...in junior high...my youth pastor...Tim Montgomery
Now...my friend and mentor- Pam
32. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
Jennifer Colquitt...my 11th and 12th grade English teacher. She was fresh from graduate school and he thoroughly prepared me for college Comp I & II...those classes were a breeze because Mrs. Colquitt made us write so much in high school!
33. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age..."?
I believe I have!
Well, I needed blog fodder...if you do...copy and post this to your blog!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Got this survey from Following Footsteps.
Posted by Alison at 6:51 AM
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Posted by Alison at 6:52 AM
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Today has been a GREAT birthday. My intention was to have photographic evidence of my 30th birthday day, however, I just can't remember to get the camera out.
I remembered this morning when I got to work and my co-workers had streamers and confetti all over my office also a basket of items "older" folks might need! For the fun of it...I'm leaving most of it up all week!
Posted by Alison at 6:00 PM
Monday, July 6, 2009
I must say that this 4th of July is one I will always remember. My husband planned a big 30th brithday party for me and our friend's (Mark and Pam) joined in by hosting the party at their house! It was so much fun despite the clouds and rain that came toward the end of the night. John grilled burgers and hot dogs for the 30 friends and family that attended. The guests got to swim, visit, play ping-pong and watch fireworks. The rain even stayed away for most of the party and the fireworks. It was so nice to see how many friends God has blessed us with this past year! A BIG HUGE "Thank You" to John for planning my 30th birthday party and another BIG HUGE "Thank You" to Mark and Pam for having the party at their house! I love you all!
UPDATED WITH PICTURES:
Posted by Alison at 8:44 AM