"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Priscilla took these verse and broke them down into 7 points...here they are with the nuggets of wisdom I got from each section
1. There is a Time ("Now...") - Now is the time to consider God's ability...not matter what season you are going through there is a time and it is NOW to think about God's greatness!
2. There is a Turning ("...to Him...") - Turn unto Him. We must do a complete 180 from the problems we are focusing on and focus only on Him. Your girlfriend can only sympathize...talk to God who can work a miracle! When we are manipulating situations we think we are God...we have to follow the command in Psalm 46:10a "Be still, and know that I am God;".
3. There is a Truth ("...who is able...") - Our God is able to do it for you!!! The question of whether He does is His sovereignty, but He is able. There is never a question of His ability. We can't out pray, dream or think God. His power to do something in your life is like dynamite. Because power is who God is not what He has, we can know that just because he does a miracle in someone else's life, does not mean He has less power for you!
4. There is a Transcendence ("...to do exceedingly abundantly above...") - God can do above and beyond, beyond. Whatever you ever think God can do, He can do beyond that! She gave a great example on our type of scale to help illustrate this point. You ask your child to clean their room while you are gone. That is the expectation. And when you get home, they have met the expectation of having their room clean, but went beyond and your whole house is clean. That is going beyond....However, beyond the beyond is if they cleaned their room, your house and then have a hot bath ready for you with dinner prepared and are going to serve it to you in the bath!! LOL! That is beyond...beyond!
5. There is a Totality ("...all that we ask or think...") - Everything that concerns you, concerns God.
6. There is a Turbo Power ("...according to the power that works in us...") - There is not a lot of things we can bank on in this life, but one thing we can bank on is the power that is working in us.
7. There is a Tribute ("...to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.")
My prayer is now that even in these notes that God begins to open your heart as He did mine to know that my God is the power that works in me to do exceedingly abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine. I can dwell in possibility and you can as well!