Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Well we are back

Sorry I have not posted sooner. We did get back from Dallas. I drove back on Thursday. John's plane was an hour late, but that is normal when flying out of DFW. We had a good time. I must say that I LOVE the Little Rock Airport as finding exactly where to pick John up at DFW just about caused me to "lose my religion". I would not choose to live in Dallas or it's surrounding areas. I would watch the morning news and listening to the traffic reports----YIKES! That part was not fun at all. We did ride the train to the AA center for the Dallas Mavericks NBA game on Wednesday. So that was fun. The game was ok....we were up really high and I did not get up until time to leave as I felt like I might just fall over the edge.
On Saturday, John started to not feel well...sore throat, achy, congestion, coughing your head off...you know the symptoms that everyone has right now. He stayed home on Saturday from work to try to sleep it off. That didn't work. Sunday he was off and did not get out of bed until about 1 p.m. Monday was worse so he was "worked in" at the doctor's office. He has the beginnings of the flu or as the doctor put it "flu-like" symptoms. He prescribed a Z-pac and cough syrup and gave him a note to be off through Thursday. Rest and the meds should help. If not, come back and see the doctor again. So...he and Gus have been resting and trying to get better. He did feel ok enough to go out to eat tonight instead of fighting the crowds tomorrow for Valentine's Day. He is just taking it one day at a time and watching a lot of movies!
I am praying that I don't get this mess.

Update on "2007-the year of the teeth": I got my permanent crown put in on Monday as well as two cavities filled. I am going to get a cleaning on Tuesday the 20th and find out what other cavities need to be filled. The dentist said that I had some bad wisdom teeth that NEEDED to come out. I asked it is could wait until 2008 when my dental benefits are back in effect and he said he normally does not push people to have them out but he is afraid they will mess up the teeth in front of them. So I'm thinking that my income tax return may be going to pay for taking my wisdom teeth out. The saga continues....and the moral of the story is....GO TO THE DENTIST...DON'T NEGLECT YOUR DENTAL HEALTH!

1 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So sorry about those wisdom teeth! But I know I sure felt better when mine were gone. Glad y'all had a good trip and will be praying for John to feel better soon and for you to stay well. Love y'all!