Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my Daddy's birthday! He is spending his birthday in Branson with Momma, Andrea and Camryn for Cam's national dance competition. There is a slight possibility that he would rather be doing something else for his birthday (something more "manly" in the world's eyes) but I know my Daddy and he wouldn't be anywhere else. That is just the kind of Daddy/Papaw he is. He is the daddy of two girls and the Papaw to a granddaughter. All our lives we always had girl dogs so he has always been outnumbered! However, I've never heard him complain about this ever in my life. He is a protector. He loves us girls with all his heart and has always done what is best for all of us. One example is that he worked in Sheridan, AR for many years. The first 5 years we lived in Sheridan about 5 minutes from where he worked. When we made the decision to go to Abundant Life in Sherwood, we moved to the South side of Little Rock. That meant that he had to drive about 30 minutes to work every day. After Andrea and I became involved in sports at school and Momma was teaching there, he decided it would be best to move somewhere close to the school. So we moved to Gravel Ridge and that put him driving at least an hour to work each day. That is just one example that shows the kinds of sacrifices he makes for the good of his family.
One other thing, I'll never forget is on my wedding day. The look on his face when he saw me all dressed and ready for pictures. His mouth dropped and he said "Oh...WOW! You look beautiful!". That still melts my heart today!
So, Daddy, I hope you have a great day in Branson. I hate that I can't be there with you but you know I love you dearly!

3 comments:

Billie said...

You are one of my favorite Pawpaws too! Happy birthday!

AliciaG said...

I totally agree! He is definitelyy one of a kind and I am so glad I have him as my husband.

Anonymous said...

hey girl! that is the sweetest post. do you know what a rare blessing it is to have a dad who loves you like that and is so involved in your life?!! that's great and i hope he had a great day!

guess what. jennifer called me from rally having a FIT! the new line is amazing she said. apparently there is a red beaded necklace, and some awesome rings-better than even the laura ring she said. how could that be :) haha!

and also, you look amazing. wow! and your new outfits are super cute! what are you doing to loose all that weight? anna w.