Friday, July 25, 2008

10 years Ago

Ten years ago today I was all giddy with excitement getting dressed for my wedding. The only thing that could damper this day was the air conditioning not working (because my friends 1998 was a SUPER HOT SUMMER). Well the air conditioning on one side of the church did not work. I remember my momma coming to me when I got to the church and that was the first thing she told me. It is a funny memory because if you know me I like it COLD! Oh well...everyone else was probably comfortable inside because I think it was about 99 degrees outside.
I digress. So today 10 years later, am I where that 19 year old girl thought she would be 10 years down the road, no...if that was the case we would have a 6 year old and at least one more child. Am I closer to God? yes! It is only because the roads we have been down in our 10 years of marriage have been HARD. I can specifically think of 2 times, when it could have ended. By God's grace and provision we are still here and have made it to a big milestone. Several years ago in the midst of the worst time in our marriage I was going through the Beth Moore study "Believing God". That study will always be close to my heart as it changed the way I believed about God. Everyone, even the demons, believe in God, but the question is do I believe Him and believe that He will do what He says He will do. I can say that when I get the right perspective about this, it is a peaceful feeling to Believe God! Knowing that on my own, my life is unmanageable and I have to turn my will over to Him and trust in Him because HE is in control.
So today, I am happy that John and I can spend today celebrating the 10 years we have been married. learn from the past and look forward to the future. We are taking one day at a time as we move forward!

Praise God as He is our Provider!

A few Photos through the years (I notice I like to change my hair a lot...that has not changed)


May 1994 (We started dating in December of 1993 - Just babies!
We were 17 and 14 in this picture)

January - I think it had to be about 1996


July 25, 1998

(I have more pictures of us but they are not digital, hence the gap in time!)

December 2004

May 2006

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! What an awesome milestone to hit. Happy Anniversary!

Billie said...

Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E the arguile sweater!!!! no, really. I'm glad to say that I have walked a lot of these roads with you. Do I wished those roads would have turned a different way? Yes. Would I trade this opportunity to share your burdens. No. Will share as many as you allow me to. I hope y'all had a good day together today. 10 years in anything is something to be so proud of.

Kellan said...

Happy Anniversary and I loved the story and the pictures!!

Take care and enjoy - Kellan

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Happy belated anniversary! A very precious post--I, too, enjoyed the pictures.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Happy Anniversary to you. I appreciate your vulnerability in mentioning that you have had your share of struggles. That only helps others who are in the midst of the struggle. They see you (and me) who are willing to admit this and know that there is hope in Christ. I'm doing the Believing God study right now; I've only completed the first lesson. I hope it affects me the way it has you. thanks for sharing!