Tuesday, November 3, 2009

He Heals and Restores

Praising the Lord this morning for allowing me the oportunity last night to share what He has done in my life!

He took me from:

~ a person full of selfishness and pride

~ a person who with low self-image and very little self-love

~ a person so wrapped up in pleasing others

~ a person who had an extensive "mask" collection

~ a person with no boundaries

~ a person bound by fear

And as I became willing to give Him EVERYTHING (bad and good) He has restored to me the Joy of my salvation

By finding a place where I could learn to be the real me in front of God and others and I could work through the Biblical principles of recovery (through Celebrate Recovery), He is "restor(ing) the years the locusts have eaten" (Joel 2:25).

I came into recovery like He says in Matthew 11:18 "weary and carry(ing) heavy burdens" and He "gave me rest"! I rest in Him and live in His will for my life. What FREEDOM!


"Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow." Psalm 25:4

1 comments:

Billie said...

Ahhh...Joel 2:25! My LIFE verse!