Wednesday, December 2, 2009

25 Questions about Christmas

Since I haven't had time to upload our Christmas tree pictures...I thought this little Christmas questionnaire looked fun...feel free to copy and use when you need some blog fodder!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper! I love to see gifts wrapped under a tree.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Pre-lit artificial…love the real tree smell but a lot of work!

3. When do you put up the tree?
We try to put it up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I mean I like to enjoy my Christmas decorations for more than 4 weeks

4. When do you take the tree down?
Depends on when Christmas falls…it in the middle of the week and I don’t have off…the weekend after Christmas. If it falls on the weekend…then usually a day or two after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog?
No, I’m not into “milk” that is so think it stays on the sides of the glass…BLEH!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I’m gonna go with the trampoline. It may be the memory of my sister realizing what is what and JUMPING into my arms with excitement that we got a trampoline (I know there is a picture of this)!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Teenage nieces and nephews…that is why I don’t buy…just give them money!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Hubby

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Oh…I love to make Christmas cards…but haven’t the time the last few years…so then I usually don’t go out and buy cards. I love the personal touch of homemade cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hmmm…I’m pretty easy to please. I guess the only thing I can think of is the year that my mother-in-law bought all three of her daughter-in-laws the same jumper dress that was got the previous year. She was always a sucker for sales...she bought things all year round. I guess she REALLY liked those jumpers.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Oh man I LOVE Christmas movies...can't pick just one….well we start of the Christmas season with “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation”…then must-see movies are “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” with Jim Carrey, “The Family Man”, “A Christmas Story”, "Miracle on 34th Street" (newer version), "It's a Wonderful Life"…then I'm a nerd about Christmas movies so I try to DVR all the made for TV Christmas movies and watch them as I have time!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Couple of weeks before.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No…not that I can remember

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Breakfast Casserole at my Mom’s house Christmas morning!

16. Lights on the tree?
Absolutely…we like the white lights

17. Favorite Christmas song?
“Oh Holy Night”

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Both…we have a Kerr Family Christmas trip to Branson the weekend before Christmas…this is the 3rd year…it is lots of fun! We “travel” the 35 minutes to my mom’s on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (depending on my niece’s schedule). Hubby and I always open our presents to each other at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen and Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The pace that Christmas season can bring if you don’t take time to enjoy.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My favorite…oh, you are asking the wrong person here…I love what I call the “traditional” tree…meaning you use all different types of ornaments that you have collected over the years.

I love me a theme tree. This year (post is coming) we are going with a new theme. Didn’t think I was going to like it but hubby did great on picking it because I think it is BEAUTIFUL!

I personally would have LOTS of trees if I could. I just love ‘em!

24. Favorite memory of Christmas?
Oh…I can’t pick a favorite. I have many great memories of Christmas.

When my sister and I were little she got up early and found our big teddy bears from Santa…she came and woke me up and asked if I wanted mine. When our parents woke up they found her in her bed with that teddy bear.

The Christmas of my senior year of high school when John asked me to marry him.

All the crazy gifts the Kerr brothers buy for each other…many laughs with those.

Just spending time with family and friends.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Oh…I don’t know…I’m sure I’ll think of something.

0 comments: