Thursday, November 16, 2006

Might as well join in the Fun!

Well it seems this is the new way of communicating to family and friends the going's-on in our lives. So I thought I would give it a try.

So far I am enjoying my new position at work. I am training so I spend a lot of my day reading and trying to get a grip on the new lingo and acronyms involved in this job. I'm thinking that although I enjoyed the Basic Statistics class in college (because it was a lot like Algebra) I might be getting a Statistics for Dummies book soon to help understand some of the aspects of my job.

John started working at Dillard's last week in the Housewares department. He really likes it and even made the choice to work on this day off to help us out in the finance department.

Yesterday during the day I worked with my headphones on listening to Christian music. I forgot how much I enjoy doing that...I used to do it all the time when I worked in Claims, but my jobs since then have not afforded me that luxury. Anyway, yesterday was slower, so I listened to Shane and Shane. I do not know how many times I listened to their song "Yearn" but it struck a cord with me and I want you to be able to see the words to this song:

"Yearn"
Holy design
This place in time
that I might seek and find my God
My God

Lord I want to yearn for You
I want to burn with passion
Over You and only You
Lord I want to yearn

Your joy is mine
Yet why am I fine
With all my singing and bringing grain
In light of Him (Chorus)

Oh You give life and breath
(through Him You give all things)
In Him we live and move that's why I sing

(Acts 17:25-28, Hebrews 12:28-29)

I hope this is your heart cry as well.

1 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Aren't we all smart to have our own blogs? This will be another neat way to keep up! I love the lyrics you posted--who are Shane and Shane? I listen to KLOVE here and don't recognize that name.