Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Reflecting over this past year

As I think about this past year there are many things that I am so thankful for, but for now I will list the main three things I am thankful for. These are the three that have continually played over and over in this past year in our lives.

1. I am so thankful that the Lord can break the shackles of bondage on a person's life.
2. I am so thankful for JEHOVAH JIREH - God my Provider
3. I am so thankful for family and friends who care so much and hold you up in prayer when you feel like everything is falling apart.

This past year has been a year of new beginnings for me and John. We have had the chance to become best friends again. As we enter this time of Thanksgiving and Christmas, I am excited to spend it with family and friends.

I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us this next year!

2 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Hey, whether you realize it or not, something about your post is very encouraging to read and reminds me to be focused on what I REALLY have to be thankful for in Christ and his blessings in my life all year round. Keep posting cousin!

Alycelee said...

Alison,
It is always a time to be thankful!
What especially got my attention was #2-Jehovah Jirah-My Provider. I love the names of God. That He has provided for us even names to designate His character and provision for us.
I don't know if you read on my blog the post about the names of God, but I also have experienced God in this way. Once, Mackey and I thought it was up to us to provide for ourselves. God in His mercy took our 401K, our saving, Mackey's job and everything we counted as dear in terms of economic just to show us who is indeed our provider. I thank Him that He did, because now, we know. He never fails.
As far as next year or tomorrow for that matter, He only does great things!
Agape,
Alyce