Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

WOW! It is hard to believe that 2008 is over and we have begun a new year. I spent a lot of time yesterday reflecting over last year. In a lot of ways it was a very hard year...however, through those trials God has shown Himself to me in ways I did not know before. For that I am grateful!

In the past I have not taken time to look back over a year to see where I have grown and where I want to grow. However, because of this past year and the Celebrate Recovery group I have become a part of, I realized that is a very important thing to do. We should take time to reflect and see where God has done His work through our trials.

So as I reflected back on 2008, I have seen growth in my spiritual life and I tried to write down some goals for this next year. These goals are in all areas of my life.

My prayer this year is that God will continue to show Himself to me and I that I would daily give Him the control!

Galatians 3:3 (New Century Version)
"You began your life in Christ by the Spirit. Now are you trying to make it complete by your own power? That is foolish."

0 comments: