Monday, June 30, 2008

Proud to be an American

My sister has a friend who is in Iraq, and she had an idea to send some encouraging e-mails over to the group of soldiers where Kyle is located in honor of the Fourth of July. Here is the e-mail she sent to me:


"Kyle has been getting frustrated over in Iraq and discouraged. He's hot and tired and ready to come home. Last time I talked to him he had only had 7 hours of sleep out of the last 58. I know he's only over there for 4 months, but as you can imagine, it would start to get to you. So, in honor of Fourth of July, I thought it might be nice if we got some people to send an email, or write a note, or send a card just telling him thanks and letting him know you're praying for him and the other soldiers."


We decided e-mail would be the fastest way to get them these notes. If you would like to send a word of encouragement to some guys/girls that we know are fighting for our freedom, please send the note of encouragement via e-mail to Andrea by noon on Thursday, July 3rd. Make sure to have "For our Troops" in the subject line and include your name and e-mail address. Andrea will keep all of the e-mails in a list and when she hears back from them, she will forward on to all who sent a note.

5 comments:

Kellan said...

What a great idea - I will go over!

Have a good day - Kellan

Little Oak Table said...

hey girl!!! i have a question for ya!!! where do you get your hair cut?!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey, Alison! I've been meaning to come see you since you commented at 2nd cup the other day. I'm sorry I missed this deadline because I would have liked to join in. I enjoyed reading your posts on this page, and that Camryn is a cutie pie. I know how her mom feels.

Kelly said...

Hey Alison!

I'm sorry I missed this deadline, what a great idea!

Thanks for the comment on the blog, I look forward to following your blog!!

Kelly

Little Oak Table said...

thanks for telling me :)! i always love your hair so much. you always look so cute! i'm trying to decide what to do with mine!!